Children Travelling Alone
Unaccompanied Minor Service Information:
- The Unaccompanied Minor service is provided on flights operated by Czech Airlines only for children from 5 to 11 years of age. Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel alone. If requested by the parents, children from 12 to 17 years of age can also travel as unaccompanied minors.
- Please request the Unaccompanied Minor service when booking the ticket via our Sales Points or our Call Centre no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Before the ticket is issued, a special Unaccompanied Minor form must be filled in.
- A fee of EUR 60* per each leg of travel to/from European destinations and EUR 75* per each leg of travel to/from other destinations is charged for the service in addition to the regular fare. In-flight refreshments, such as children’s meals and hot and cold beverages as per the child’s request, are included in the fee.
- The child must have his/her own travel documents: a valid passport, visa and health certificate if required for the particular country.
- At check-in, the child will receive a special Unaccompanied Minor (UM) card, stating the flight number, full name, age and language of communication of the child, which will be placed in a case with a string to go around the child's neck. The card needs to be kept visible for the entire duration of travels.
- The child and his/her baggage will be in the care of the ground staff member during the child’s stay at the airport and then accompanied to the aircraft.
- Cabin crew will assume responsibility for the child once on board of the aircraft.
- After arrival, a member of the ground staff will meet the child at the aircraft door/stairs and help him/her to pick up their luggage. After that, the child will be accompanied to the customs area exit and hand over to a previously appointed person – most commonly a family member.
- The ground staff member will verify the identity of the person picking up the child based on a valid photo ID and request that the person signs a special form.
* or the local currency equivalent